KAILUB RUSSELL ISDE FUNDRAISER
This has to be the most inventive way to raise ISDE funds. Ever.
Almost every rider competing in this year’s ISDE has to dig deep into their pockets to find the cash to go but GNCC champ Kailub Russell has really thought outside the box on this one.
He’s raffling off his factory prepped KTM race bike. Yeah, that’s right his bike.
But not just his regular ride, no, this one’s pretty special.
It’s a FMF KTM Factory Off Road Race Team built KTM 150XC worth over $12,000. Sweet.
Kailub plans to race this weapon during the final two rounds of the GNCC series and if he bags a win on her it’ll be one unique prize to get.
Money raised will help offset his costs in getting Argentina in November but more importantly than that – and this is the good bit – the excess funds raised will directly aid the ongoing spinal injury rehabilitation for his buddy Rory Mead who went down hard at the GNCC’s earlier this year.
The list of prizes are very impressive indeed:
1st – FMF Factory KTM 150XC (build cost $12,155)
2nd – One set of Thor Riding gear (pants, jersey, gloves, valued at $500)
3rd – Choice of a Free DirtWise “Ready to Race” bike rental at a GNCC or Nat Enduro race, or a Free spot in a two day DirtWise Riding school (valued at $400)
4th – Signed Kailub Russell custom #1 race jersey
5th – Signed Shane Watts custom jersey
Purchase price of the tickets are $20 for one ticket, $50 for three tickets, $100 for 10 tickets, and are available either in person at the FMF KTM Factory team pit area at the last 4 GNCC races or online at www.shanewatts.com.
The list of modifications to the KTM 150 are nearly endless:
- WP Factory Cone valve forks ($3,500)
- WP Factory Trax shock ($2,200)
- KTM Factory Services Factory spec motor ($2,500)
- Xtrig triple clamps ($650)
- KTM Factory built Oversize radiators ($500)
- IMS Quickfill fuel tank with Dry brake receiver ($500)
- Rekluse Core manual clutch ($500)
- Excel A60 wheels ($400)
- FMF Factory Fatty pipe and Powercore2 silencer ($375)
- PHDS bar mounts ($200)
- Xtrig Preload adjuster ($170)
- Acerbis plastics ($160)
- Galfer slotted rear brake rotor ($160)
- Dunlop tires ($160)
- Motomaster front floating brake rotor ($140)
- ZipTy rear brake rotor guard ($140)
- TMDesigns chain guide and sliders ($120)
- ARC folding levers ($120)
- Renthal 996 handlebars ($100)
- Renthal sprockets ($90)
- RK chain ($70)
- Motoseat seat cover ($60)