Rodrigues Top Three On Stage Four in Morocco
After a difficult start to his OiLibya Rally of Morocco, Portugal’s Helder Rodrigues finally claimed a top three result on stage four.
Putting his problems from the previous three days behind him, Rodrigues pushed on the mixture of desert trails and rocky, technical mountain tracks of stage four. Working his way through traffic, the Team HRC was relieved to finally earn a top three result.
“There was a lot of navigation today – with potholes and some technical zones,” told Rodrigues. “I pushed hard all morning to get to the head of the race. I’m happy with my third place.”
Though still languishing outside of the top ten in the overall standings, Rodrigues has two more stages to turn his rally around.
Paulo Goncalves won stage four – his second of the rally – to further extend his race lead over championship rival Marc Coma.
Provisional Results Stage 4:
1. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Honda) 3:01:49 hrs
2. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM) +00:02:26
3. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +00:05:56
4. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +00:07:39
5. Sam Sunderland (GBR, Honda) +00:07:46
Overall Standings after Stage 4:
1. Paulo Goncalves (PRT, Honda) 11:13:00
2. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda) +00:02:10
3. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM) +00:02:40
4. Chaleco Lopez (CHL, KTM) +00:12:28
5. Sam Sunderland (GBR, Honda) +00:14:35